The Lebanese Embassy in Paris is organizing a forum to link producers from Lebanon to distributors in France on Friday July 2, 2021. QOOT Cluster will be joining this event to present different innovations in the Lebanese agri-food sector.
Five QOOT Cluster members, The Good Thymes, Zejd, Taqa Bar, Abido, and Smart Gourmet, will also be sharing their story and innovations.
- Date: July 2, 2021
- Time: 4:00pm- 5:30pm (Beirut Time)
I. Opening session
- Mr. Rami ADWAN, Ambassador of Lebanon in France
- Mr. Gaby TAMER, President of the Franco-Lebanese Chamber of Commerce
- How to encourage the export of Lebanese agri-food products to France? by Mr. Didier KLING, President of the Chamber of Commerce, and Industry of French Lebanese
- Agro-food ecosystem in Lebanon and impact on the national economy and job creation, by Mrs. Rachel ALAMEDDINE, Economic Attaché at the Embassy of Lebanon in France
II. Success stories (1): Production conditions in Lebanon, the industrial process, quality control
- Master Chips, Mr. Michel DAHER
- The Apple chips, Mr. Eliott RIZK
- Halaweh / Tahineh, Mr. Mounir BSAT
- Saltek bread, Traditional Bread, Mr. Greg NERCESSIAN
III. The Experience in distributing Lebanese products in France.
- Carrefour, Ms. Charlotte LACOMBE
- Délices d’Orient, Mr. Raymond HAWLI
IV. Success stories (2): presentation of featured products
- Short pieces, M. Pierre BATIKHA: Jams
- At Chtaura, Mr. Abed KHODER: Baba Ghanouj / Pomegranate Molasses
- Ms. Malak NAJJARIN: Spices
- Marwan KANAAN: Pistachios
V. The keys to enter the French market, understanding the behavior of consumers, new trends in the French market
- Sodimo, Mr. Rani AZZI: The strengths/challenges of agribusiness distribution in Lebanon, the importance of the presence of Lebanese agribusiness in major surface.
VI. New trends in agribusiness in Lebanon
- M. Philippe ODEIMI / M. Christian KAMEL-Lebanese know-how, the competitive advantage of the Lebanese product – the case of “Terroirs du Liban” products
- Mrs. Jihane CHAHLA, QOOT Cluster Manager – Innovation ecosystem in agribusiness in Lebanon.
VII. Success stories (3): between modernity and tradition
- The Good Thymes – Mr. Fadi AZIZ
- Smart gourmet – Mr. Jad ATALLAH
- Taqa bars – Mrs. Soumaya MERHEJ
- Zejd – Mr. Youssef FARES
VIII. Tips for successfully entering the French market
- ANIA (National Association of Food Industries) – French Market needs and relations to be established between companies in Lebanon and companies in France for potential business development.
- Representative of the agro-food sector within the ALI (Association of Industrialists Lebanese) – Mr. George NASRAOUI – Identification of possible avenues of cooperation between the two countries in the agri-food sector.
- Ms. Dania Khalil, Policy Officer and Project Director, CCFL Presentation and launch of the “DARE LEBANON” initiative.
For more information: LE SECTEUR AGRO-ALIMENTAIRE LIBANAIS UN ALLIAGE ENTRE TRADITION ET MODERNITÉ – CCFL