Are you a company looking to foster industrial collaboration in the Agro-Industry and Food Processing sectors? Are you interested in participating in B2B meeting with Italian partners interested in the Lebanese market?
The Italian Trade Agency, Trade Promotion Section of the Italian Embassy, in collaboration with QOOT Cluster, Berytech, ALI, and IDAL, invites you to participate in the webinar “Italian Technologies for the Agro-Industry in Lebanon” that will take place on Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 starting at 15:30 (Beirut time).
The audience of the webinar will include Italian companies and institutions interested in the Lebanese market.
The webinar is a preparation for the workshop with B2B meetings between Lebanese and Italian companies to be held on January 26, 2021 in Beirut or virtually if the sanitary emergency will persist.
No registration is required; you can join the webinar on December 1st at 15h30 (3:30pm), free of charge, by clicking the button.
OPENING SESSION @15:30: by HE Mrs. Nicoletta Bombardiere, Ambassador of Italy in Lebanon and Mr. Roberto Luongo, the Director General of the Italian Trade Agency.
SESSION 1 @15:40: PRESENTATION OF THE AGRO INDUSTRY SECTOR
- Dr. Mazen Soueid, Chairman-General Manager, Investment Development Authority of Lebanon (IDAL) – “Presentation of the investment program and public sector support to agro-industry companies”.
- Mr. Fady Gemayel, President, Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI) – “Presentation of the food processing sector and the agro-industry supply chain, with an overview of local production and the capacity of manufacturers to meet domestic needs and export to neighboring countries”.
SESSION 2 @15:55: TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
- Mr. Ahmad Shukr, CEO of AEC-Agro Eco-systems Capital SAL – “Success story, new hydroponic project with Italian technology”.
- Mr. Ramy Boujawdeh, Deputy GM Berytech – “Presentation of Berytech and its accelerator Agritech”.
- Mrs. Nadine Khoury, COO Robinson Agri and QOOT Board President – “Presentation of Qoot Cluster and Robinson Agri, leader company in the development of the Lebanese agricultural sector”.
SESSION 3 @16:20: THE LOCAL FOOD INDUSTRY NEEDS
- Mr. Georges Nasraoui, CEO of SONACO – “Testimonial of the company and presentation of its experience in producing and exporting”.
- Mr. Youssef Al Rifai, COO of Al Rifai – “Testimonial of the company and presentation of its experience in producing and exporting”.
- Mr. Nicolas Abou Faysal, Chairman of the Lebanese Company for Modern Food Industry – “Testimonial of the company and presentation of its experience in producing and exporting”.
Moderator: Mrs. Francesca Zadro, Trade Commissioner, the Italian Trade Agency